Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Group Preference - GHM

I think all the projects each are very interesting, and have unique qualities and challenges, but as all do, I have a favorite.  I love the GHM project, and would really love to be a part of it's conceptual design process.  I love the rich history associated with the GHM, and the multiplicity of the structure itself.  It presents a great many challenges, and I believe finding solutions to these problems will energize me.  

I believe I can offer a great many skills which would help lead to its success.  I love classic architecture.  I follow the work of architect's, as in the case of Phillip Johnson, who are able to seamlessly assimilate classical features into modern structures.  Understanding this design philosophy is an important key to the project's success.  I am very good at research.  I follow precedence, and like to borrow ideas from the masters which I believe would be applicable to our design.  Organization is going to be another key factor attributing to the project's success.  As I am new to the area, I have already visited the GHM on 3 past occasions, and plan to visit again tomorrow to finalize my illustrated essay.  The museum is filled with many different exhibits, which I believe need careful understanding and detailing to digest, organize, and bring together all the factors which will bring the identity of the museum into clearer focus.  I have excellent CAD skills which I believe would be an asset to any team.  I love to sketch and put thoughts down on paper, but I do have a problem posting drawings which I do not believe reflect my best work, or ready for public viewing.  I have lots of sketches, which I convey ideas and concepts that I would like to develop further.  I believe this forum is going to present a challenge for me to find a middle ground which will work well for my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment