Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Moore Square, Raleigh NC

                                 Rendered with color pencils
                         Pen & Ink Line Drawing on Vellum
                                         Eileen 8/2010

A sketching class trip to Moore Square in Raleigh intoducted me to perspective skeching techniques, out of the classroom ridgity of precise drawing, towards a more artisitc interpretation.  Holding up a plexi-glass with clear film up to the building, I traced in space the prespective outline with a Sharpie, took pictures of the building to help guide me into refining the drawing once I returned to the classroom.  This technique was first intoducted to me when our instructor had us go to the rest room, place a clear film on the mirror, and draw our face.  A very laughable start to a new technique, for coordinating you hand to what you eyes see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment